June 28, 2017
Welcome back Tigers!! If you missed Dr. Miller’s welcome back letter you can find it here.
The Lee’s Summit R-7 School District is in its second year of an on-line registration system that families will use for returning students. The system can be easily accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week beginning July 6, 2017. All families have the ability to review and update information, confidentially upload necessary residency documentation, and make payment for required and optional school items. The on-line system reduces the amount of time families spend at school completing this process. Directions for accessing the online system are attached below. You will need the following to enroll on line:
- Power School Parent Log-in Information (This information has been mailed to you. Please contact us at (816) 986-1175 for assistance.)
- Online Student InfoSnap Registration Directions
- Directions for making payments – Payment processing includes Chromebook Insurance, unresolved lunch charges from the previous school year, as well as other items related to your child/individual school.
To register students who are new to the district please contact the Guidance Department at 816-986-1178 to schedule an appointment.
It is important to note that although you will now register electronically, parents and students will still need to come to PLMS to pick up your actual schedule in August.
CLASS SCHEDULE PICK-UP
August 2 – 7th & 8th Grade Schedule Pick-Up 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. August 3 – 7th & 8th Grade Schedule Pick-Up 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
2017-18 Start Times
Please also remember that Pleasant Lea Middle School’s daily start and end time is changing to 7:30 a.m.-2:25 p.m. for 2017-18.
A general School Supply List is provided here. Individual teachers and teams may require additional supplies and those lists will be supplied by once school begins.
7th Grade Transition Day
- 7th Grade Transition Day – Monday, August 14th from 7:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. (Bus transportation is provided. Car riders may arrive at school at 7:15 am.)
- Please do NOT bring any materials with you including backpacks, paper, pens/pencils, music instruments or any school supplies as this is not a focus for the day.
- Lunch will be provided. A sack lunch may be brought from home if preferred.
Back to School Night
- Back to School Night – Monday, August 14th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Back to School Night is an open house format, both parents and students are welcome to attend.
First Day of School
- First Day of School – Wednesday, August 16th
- This is NOT a late start Wednesday.